August 14, 2005

Patriotism- Pat+Riot+Ism

What does Independence Day mean to you?

An apt reply from the back benches- another holiday!

This happened a couple of days back in my class.


Is August 15th just another holiday? I never wanted to write anything on this issue. But, I have to after all that I have just read on some discussion forum. I don't want to take the site name(it's very popular). It is conducting a general comment based survey on what patriotism means to Indians. And, I've come across some very pathetic comments and opinions. I am listing a few below- the most pathetic ones if could say.

These were the answers to the question, "Your most patriotic act was...?"

- because I'm writing for this space.

- I love formula1 and I support Narain Karthikeyan(What importance does personal passion hold here?)

- Every day I dream of becoming rich. So, when this fairy tale comes true, I will help people.

- Hey, I didn't go to war. I believe I saved a lot of lives that way.

After reading such comments, I didn't feel like commenting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment