July 21, 2005

The Alchemist

…finished reading the book. The subtitle one finds on its cover is- A magical fable about following your dream. It took me two days to read the book considering my time restrictions to engage in other tasks. Coming to the book, I didn’t find anything so magical in it that could change one’s life as I heard someone saying, “It’s arguably the best book I’ve read and it completely changed my lifestyle!”

If something (like a book?) could change us so effectively, we can almost be sure of finding ourselves in a new ‘avtar’ everyday. I read the book just the way I would have read any other story or novel. Of course, there’s some message that the author tries to pass on. I found only two sentences worth mentioning from that book. I liked them; don’t ask me why. I don’t remember the words exactly in the order they were given. So, I will try to present the whole idea in my words.

Whoever you are, or whatever it is that you do, when you really want or achieve something, the whole world will conspire to help you achieve it. There is a force, a mysterious force which will steer you to success..

There’s only one thing which makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.

1 comment:

  1. Am halfway through the book and think similarly too...a good book but not that great...:).

    You spoilt the fun for me though, so u have to be punished :).

    Heres ur punishment:

    Infected!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Look here...

    http://darthcoder.blogspot.com/

    Book tags gotcha :).

    Regards,
    DC.

    ReplyDelete