July 10, 2005

Time for a job!

This has been quite a hectic week for us. Our college re-opened last Monday and we were asked to submit our CV’s to the placement cell for the campus placements to be held next month on campus. I don’t know how far it is true but I overheard many people talking about TCS, CTS, Infosys, Satyam, etc.

Eight of our seniors got placed in TCS and five or six in CTS through campus. I had to make three copies of my resume including changes each time until I was sure that that was the perfect one. I had difficulty trying to get the right objective or profile statement out of me that would suit this kind of a software professional job. In fact, I was never interested in this sort of a job that I have applied for. This is just because I was asked to do so by my father and moreover, I won’t lose anything by submitting my resume to the PT.

This semester will definitely be tight for me, in the sense that I will be required to do a lot apart from my regular academics. We also have Java this sem which will bring the wreck out of me! Being an electronics student, I have enjoyed the privilege of not having to deal with programming; first year being an exception where we had to indulge in C. But, it was a big pain for me. As far as I am concerned, I am not suitable or adaptive to programming at all. But, my CV boasts of my programming skills (hey! I didn’t call it my proficiency etc. which otherwise many use to make the employers believe in them at least till the start of the interview because once the interview starts, it solely depends on how well you make them believe that you are the right person for them to employ) in C, Java (that I am studying in this sem), Assembly and microprocessors and microcontrollers like 8086 and 8051. I didn’t put my grades though. :D

Enough of programming for now. I have to prepare for my Java lab tomorrow. Huh!

1 comment:

  1. I used to love Assembly Language Programming, was only 2 of the 60 who successfully executed the program during the lab test, well I was a CSE Student so no fear of java for me :).

    One more thing, whatever u do, try not to join satyam.

    Regards,
    DC.

    ReplyDelete