March 07, 2006

Page3

I know I'm writing very late about it but I happened to watch Page3 this morning. This is the first Madhur Bhandarkar film I have seen and, in short, I liked it. The page3 life was exposed to the heck (euphemism intended) of it. The characters seemed real, especially Konkana's, Boman's, Atul's and the one who played the cop, Bhonsle. He looked very promising. What's his name, by the way? I remember I had watched or should I say 'tried to watch' Chandni Bar long back when it was telecast on the TV. I turned it off after the first thirty minutes of show. Probably, I couldn't stand it then. But, I feel Page3 is a much better film than Chandni Bar, anytime. One can hardly make an attempt at making such films and moreover, coming out with the best outcome possible without experiencing them in real life. Mr.Bhandarkar proved this by giving a statement to a newspaper that both his films films Chandni Bar and Page3 were the result of the experiences he had had earlier in his life. To end with, it was a good, thought provoking film.

No comments:

Post a Comment