April 09, 2005

Timely quotations

'What is time?'
we often hear this question. Here are different views given by seven famous people from all over the world.


"What is time? I know what it is, but when you ask me I don't."
- Augustine of Hippo

"Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

This thing all things devours:
Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
Gnaws iron, bites steel,
Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays king, ruins town,
And beats high mountain down.

- Riddle about time by J. R. R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

"Time is money."
- Benjamin Franklin

"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once. Space is what prevents everything from happening to me."
- attributed to John Archibald Wheeler

"I confess I do not believe in time."
- Vladimir Nabokov

"Truth is always new, therefore timeless."
- J. Krishnamurti

No comments:

Post a Comment