March 23, 2005

Artistry brushed aside!

I feel relieved and reassured whenever I see budding talent. Last week at the Hyderabad airport, my cousin came to meet me. He brought a very beautiful painting (a glass framed canvas painting) along with him. I was amazed when he told me that it was actually done by his son (my nephew). I know that he paints but never expected such artistry from him. I loved it. It touched my artistry which has been dumped for quite sometime now. Most of you may not know that I am a painter (oh, really?). I used to paint on canvas and used to sketch. Now, I myself wonder where all that has gone.

My last painting (be it a paper sketch) was done in my +2. It has been three years. What have you been doing all these years, Indu? I don’t know. May be, I wanted to concentrate more on my academics (big grin!). Even my poetic influx is seeking surplus breaks these days. I never knew that if one aspect or a part of your mind (thoughts) is in a muddle, then it affects the others too. To top it all, a story (short novel :D) that I had started writing a year back is still left to be completed. Untouched!

Huh! You seem to be lazy, Indu. That’s what your problem is. Now, whatever you might think.

2 comments:

  1. (Man vsRobot)

    When did you start listening to lectures by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nandini: Hey! no class/campus jokes here.

    ReplyDelete